The next International Congress of Actuaries (ICA 2018) will take place in Berlin in June 2018. It will be the major actuarial event for actuaries worldwide.
On this occasion, up to 12 Best Paper Awards will be awarded honoring outstanding contributions to questions of fundamental importance for actuaries in the years to come:
- Big Data – Algorithms, Analysis and Application
- Demographic Change and Longevity
- Aspects of Long-Term Savings: Uncertainty in Low Real Returns, Longevity and Inflation
- Behavioral Aspects of Insurance Mathematics
- Long-Term Risk: Modelling, Measuring, Managing and Economic Valuation
- Mathematical Aspects of Emerging Risks
The Call for Papers for the congress program is open until 31 July 2017. The submission is possible via an easy-to-understand online submission tool on www.ica2018.org The complete submission process will take approximately 20 minutes.
The application only has to include
- an abstract of maximum 300 words,
- a description of the practical value of the submitted proposal
- and an overview of related literature or other used sources.
There is no need to submit a written paper as the basis for your talk or presentation.
The Scientific Committee has identified a wide range of main topics and corresponding subtopics. The main topics for the ICA 2018 include theoretical and practical issues, innovative approaches and day-to-day problems. Apart from section-specific topics, the list of topics also includes joint sessions covering cross-section topics. Further topics not included in the list may also be considered.
In total, the congress program will feature about 100 slots for the presentation of submitted papers. Each parallel session will last 90 or 120 minutes and contain a number of 30- to 45-minute talks. Up to 11 parallel lecture halls with a capacity of 60 to 750 participants allow the discussion of interdisciplinary issues as well as expert topics. ICA participants wishing to compete for the ICA 2018 Best Paper Awards or the IAA Section Best Paper Awards should submit, in addition to the regular abstract submission, a full paper of their results. The application will automatically enter the review process for the Best Paper Awards.
Further details about the Best Paper Awards, the Call for Papers and detailed information on both awards can be found at the ICA Webpage (http://ica2018.com/wp/bestpaperaward/?lang=en ).