Insurance Risk Research Conference 2017
New Applications of Actuarial Science in Managing Risks
Singapore, 29 - 30 June 2017
The Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre (www.irfrc.com) invites high-quality research in insurance and actuarial science for its annual conference. The theme of this year’s conference is “New Applications of Actuarial Science in Managing Risks”. Under the conference’s broad theme, the conference will welcome papers that address topics include (1) cyber risks, (2) longevity risk and ageing, (3) long-term investment products, (4) catastrophe risks and extreme weather. Papers with a focus on the Asia-Pacific insurance industry are especially welcome.
This conference is co-organized with The Geneva Association and is sponsored by SCOR and the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ Actuarial Research Centre. The conference will include both plenary session with invited talks by industry leaders and academic paper presentations.
The IRFRC invites researchers to submit papers for presentation at this conference. The Scientific Committee will review paper submissions and select those for presentation at the conference.
The IRFRC will provide partial financial support to overseas presenters whose papers are accepted for presentation. University guidelines apply.
Please email your completed papers electronically to [email protected] as file attachment in pdf or MS-Word format by 1 March 2017. Please provide complete contact information of all co-authors and presenter on a separate cover page. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by 20 April 2017 and the final version of papers will be due by 31 May 2017.
- 1 March 2017 - Deadline for paper or extended proposal
- 20 April 2017 - Decisions communicated
- 31 May 2017 - Final papers and presentations
For any questions please email Dr. Shinichi Kamiya: [email protected].
Please circulate this email to your colleagues who may also be interested in submitting a proposal.
Local Organizing Committee
- Uditha Balasooriya, Nanyang Technological University
- Jade Ciyu Nie, Nanyang Technological University
- Shinichi Kamiya, Nanyang Technological University
- Shaun Wang, Nanyang Technological University
International Scientific Committee
- Andrew Cairns, Heriot-Watt University
- Wai-Sum Chan, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Christophe Courbage, Editor-in-Chief of The Geneva Papers
- Michel Dacorogna, SCOR Scientific Advisor
- Paul Embrechts, ETH-Zurich
- Marie Kratz, ESSEC Business School
- Andreas Milidonis, University of Cyprus
- George Zanjani, Georgia State University
About Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre (IRFRC)
Founded in 2011, in partnership between Nanyang Technological University and the global reinsurer SCOR, the Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre sponsors and directs primary research on insurance and insurance related risk research in the Asia Pacific. Through research, industry collaborations and seminars it aims to provide a critical foundation to create knowledge and support the growing role of the insurance industry in the economic development of the region.
Professor Shaun Wang
Director, Insurance Risk and Finance Research Centre (IRFRC)
Nanyang Business School
Nanyang Technological University