ASTIN / AFIR-ERM Colloquium in Panama City (Panama)
The 2017 ASTIN and AFIR/ERM Colloquium of the International Actuarial Association will be held in Panama City, Panama from 20-24 August 2017.
Because today's economy needs a strong actuarial base of professionals to support its operations, this colloquium will have top actuarial expositors presenting the latest actuarial and scientific techniques with practical applications. The Call for Papers is now available.
For the first time we will have parallel scientific presentations, educational workshops and plenary sessions. Some of the topics of the education workshops will be:
- Capital Insolvency
- Derivatives Pricing
- Interest rate models
- Longevity risk
Call for Papers
Abstract Deadline: 24 February 2017
Draft Program Released: 24 March 2017
Paper Submission Deadline:14 April 2017
Acceptance Deadline: 12 May 2017
Published on Website: 26 May 2017
Registration to open in:February 2017
Submissions ASTIN and AFIR/ERM final papers should be sent to: [email protected] by 14 April 2017.
Contacts: For more information about submissions or papers please contact:
ASTIN: [email protected]
AFIR/ERM: Michael Sherris [email protected]
Don't miss this great opportunity to meet, share and learn from other actuaries from all over the world.Because today's economy needs a strong actuarial base of professionals to support its operations, this colloquium will have top actuarial expositors presenting the latest actuarial and scientific techniques with practical applications. Some of the key scientific areas of this meeting will be:
- Loss reserving and capital adequacy
- Insurance pricing and optimization
- Reinsurance and risk transfer
- Risk management
- Natural hazards, disaster, catastrophe risks and pricing
- Capital management, allocation and pricing
- Dividend theory and practice
- Longevity, health, critical illness and employment insurance
- Risk theory
- Copulas: theory and applications
- Extreme value statistics
- Investment and asset allocation
- Portfolio risk management
- Bond portfolio management
- Asset/Liability Management (ALM)
- Enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Risk measures and capital allocation
- Managing retirement accumulations and decumulations
- Dynamic asset allocation
- Asset and derivative pricing
- Longevity, health and mortality risk
- Pricing and risk management for product guarantees
- Solvency and risk based capital
Guidelines for papers for both ASTIN and AFIR/ERM
1. Abstracts will be used to determine the draft program. Final papers will be required, along with registration of the presenting author, in order for the presentation to be included in the final program. Presentation only submissions will be considered with preference even to full paper submissions.
2. Synopsis submissions need to be submitted and submitted to [email protected] by 24 February 2017.
3. Completed papers need to submitted to [email protected] by the 14 April 2017.
4. All papers need to be submitted with a paper Coversheet. The main text should start on page 2. Pages must be numbered. References must be organized alphabetically, multiple references for a single author must be ordered chronologically. Journal references must nclude author, year, title, journal title, volume and pages. Book references must include author, year, title, editor and city.
5. Papers should be written in English and must be received by the closing date. All papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format.
6. If you do not receive an email acknowledging receipt of your paper by 12 May 2017 please contact [email protected]
7. Submitted papers will be evaluated by the Scientific Committees, and acceptance of the papers will be confirmed no later than the acceptance date.
8. A list of accepted papers, and the final accepted papers will be posted on the website.
For more information, please contact: [email protected]